Friday, August 6, 2010

Amsterdam



I was always curious about Amsterdam thanks to Pulp Fiction, ever since I was 14 years old, I wanted to visit...
Canals are so nice... I don't know what it is about water that make people come out of the house in Summer. It's not like it's a beach, but it certainly has cooling effects in Summer. Houses, apartment blocks are amazing.

Coffee Shops...
I hear so many horror stories about silly tourists getting rather stoned and making fool of themselves... But, when in Rome right? I was quite careful with selection process of the Coffee Shops. I avoided those ones who look like it can exist in Byron Bay... Seriously, just because people smoke, doesn't mean we want to listen to Bob Marlery nor wear rasta colours.

As I stand in bookstore, I just stole a tip from Timeout Guide. We were near this Coffee Shop called "Tweede Karmer". It looked as if they have Jazz playing and serving Cognac and cigars. Coffee Shops are not allowed to serve alcohol so there were no Cognac, but it was very clam and were certainly no silly bong heads.

Tweede Karmer
Heisteeg 6
1012 WC Amsterdam
Centrum Area

I poped my head in to this bike rental place in Jordaan and a kinda guy behind the counter directed us to another Coffee Shop.
It's more or younger crowd/uni students. They have amazing range of sweets! All flavours of milk shakes, cakes, chocolates...

Amnesia
Herengracht 133
1015 BG Amsterdam
Jordaan Area

No comments:

Post a Comment