Friday, August 6, 2010

Apple pie and Coffee



Apple pie is not something that I eat often. Or even apple crumble I haven't had that in years. There was no way that I was going to not try Dutch Apple pies in Amsterdam. My friend told me about this cafe and it's a brocante (junk shop, well Op shop) and cafe in one. You can buy the things displayed in the cafe, lights, books, places cups etc. It's really cute and friendly staff and most of all, good apple pie.

Latei
Zedijk 143
1012 AW Amsterdam



Noodermarkt
1015 MV Amsterdam

On Mondays, they have a big range of vintage stalls. Of course you need to go through a mountain of not so great things to find the gold but that's part of the fun.
A great shoe stall with amazing selection. All the pairs are 15 euros.
It was a little chilly is Amsterdam even though it's August. I had to quickly find a jacket. Amongst the piles of jackets, I found a little leather jacket that actually fits me. This doesn't happen often as I'm short and also have short arms. Often ended up looking like a child who went through her mum's closet. This one was a perfect fit and only cost me 15euros.

Right next this market is a cafe Winkel 43. Some says they have the best apple pie in town. Sure enough there was a queque coming out of the cafe. Almost EVERYONE on the terrace is eating an apple pie. Yes, I had to eat one and yes, it was so delicious. It's moist in the inside and crunchy on the outside. Perfect.

Winkel 43
Noondermarkt 43
1015 NA Amsterdam

Amsterdam does fairly good coffees. When I say coffees I meant Latte. My caffeine intake was quite high during this trip and out of all, this cafe Razmataz did the best creamy milk. Not to mention, the girl at the cafe was sooooo kind that when I was umbrellaless and stuck in a pouring rain, gave me a lost property umbrella. If you wanna get out of the tourist filled Dam squire or King Street like red light district, I do recommend to take a walk and experience the life of locals.

Razmataz
Hugo de Grootplein
1052 KV Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment