Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tea time

I always love a nice cup of tea. Paris has reallly nice tea brands to offer. Fauchon, le Palais de the, Mariage Freres and Kusmi tea. Thinking about what to get my parents for X'mas, I stepped into Fauchon for the first time. The big store in Place de Madeleine always looked a little scary with the disco deco... but, it actually was quite pleasant in the gift shop. I bought myself a Cocoa with vanilla, very special.

Mariage Freres is such a wonderful experience. I really love Marco Polo Rouge. Strong fruits and flowery aroma but smooth taste. The service in the shop is excellent!! Nothing like my local supermarket... I actually was treated like a customer.

Kusmi Tea has the best Chai. I got it for my friend's birthday and I got to have a taste. There aren't many places that serves Chai in Paris and I was missing it a lot. It was so lovely with lots of honey and soy milk...

To go with the nice cup of tea, there's Canele. Little funny looking cake from Bordeaux. I actually hated it for the first time I tried it from my local bakery. I could not finish it. until I had one from Lemoine. I got them as a gift and to be honest, I wasn't sure about it. However, this one is unbelievably delicious!!! Crunchy on the outside and moist in the middle. Not too sweet. PERFECT.

1 comment:

  1. When you're back in Melb, check out the Cumulus Inc canelles - they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete