Saturday, March 13, 2010

Absinthe

Sandra and Derren came to Paris! We went to a couple of bars and had fine wine, pastis and absinthe (I just had a sip of Sandra's though...) At La Fee Verte, they get you the whole ceremonial absinthe fountain. It has more water in it that you ever need and is huge. That's worth looking at in itself. It is so strong... I need to be prepared for that. It doesn't taste as bad as some has made it out to be.


It's just nice looking at the sugar melt by the water dripping from the fountain. There's a little fairy holding the fountain.

There's this venue in Pigalle called La Cigale... The xx played there recently and I couldn't get a ticket to it. Everything sells out quick here... Semi-major gigs are on there all the time. But I had no idea what la cigale (the word) meant. There is a little bar around the corner called La Fourmi. Nice little bar (easy on my wallet) for indie arts/music crowds that are going to a show later or going out. NOW, la cigale means cricket or cicada! and La fourmi means ants! It's from the folk tale. I only found that out yesterday. I found that the relationship between the bar and the venue extremely cute...

La Fourmi
74 rue du Martys
750018, Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment