Sunday, March 7, 2010

Winter's back... Brunch Bazar!

Just as i thought that the winter is saying good bye to me, i thought wrong... It got really cold again, which put me into semi-hibernation. (means I don't get out of the house after dark.) Instead I made myself noodles from the scratch. Those Japanese udon noodles. They also eat the similar kind in China as well. My colleague has lend me a book on it, so I gave it a go. You just need some strong flour and water. (and a lot of arm strength) After a good work out of kneading the dough, you rest is with a wet cloth over it for 1 hour. Then, you starting rolling it out flat with a rolling pin. You need to repeat that for a good sometime to make it to 40cm each way. Then you fold the pastry and cut into thin strips. Viola! You cook the noodles in the boiling water, then serve it with soup or stir fry it with vegetables.

You only need:
200g strong flour
80ml water
a good pair of arms

Some says it's better to use salt water and use cornflour to flour the bench etc.

Strong flour is basically the flour used for bread etc. Not the normal stuff for cakes.

I made it into a stir fry. It was my first attempt but it went well! Yummy. I started having this funny idea that maybe I open a noodle restaurant...

I went shopping for Jonny, Duncan and Kath's birthdays looking for something funny and little so that I can send them over cheap.That Marc Jacobs is a pen inside. Wait for it Kath. Yves Saint Laurent "official" badge. I could've made them but hey, it's "official" YSL. I love them. So Paris...

Exert from a magazine. It's a hamburger cupcake. The article included a recipe. They stole it Gemma!

I went to Brunch Bazzar today! It's a little craft market with vintage stalls, crafts and stuff. It's held 1st Sunday of every month. It's very earth friendly and child friendly. They were so many cute French kids. (well dressed of course.) This little fella above was waiting outside for his owner and he was shaking. But for that, he was getting a lot of attention.

Cococook. Good cakes and hot chocolates!!


Country dance lesson for all... Cutest thing ever. The little dude on the left in gray was eating for the whole time.


I bought a top/blouson type thing for 20 euros. But then, the guy at the stall puts all these things in my bag and says "it's a gift." A lot more than what I actually paid for. It made me happy for it's total randomness and practicality. Beck's scarf, Emily's Xmas sock, Adidas medal (not sure if that's practical...) and coasters.

Brunch Bazar

At Le Comptoir General
80 Quai de Jemmapes
75010 Paris
Metro: Republic

3 comments:

  1. ohhh I want adidas medal!!!!
    it looks amazinG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoshi! whats ur address? I'll send it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh really? but my birthday is in January!

    ReplyDelete