Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crochet crazy...

I've been busy. I've been very busy crocheting... and I am totally obsessed! So obsessed that I stay up till 2.30 in the morning crocheting.
In the process, I have learned a lot of new French word which are necessary in making my crafts. Yarns, needles, cotton (for stuffing) etc. I have also found many beautiful craft shops in Paris.

La Droguerie
9-11 rue du jour
75001 Paris

They have really good range of yarns, beads, buttons, felts etc. It is a little bit pricey and it can get very busy on weekends but it's good quality.They also have a store in Le Bon Marche 3rd floor. In terms of yarns, Bon Marche has much more range and easier to get served.

Le Bon Marche

24 rue de Sevres
75007 ParisMetro: Sevres-Babylon

Another beautiful store in the hidden courtyard.Entree des Fornisseurs
8 rue des Francs Bourgeois
75003 Paris
Metro: Saint Paul

The buttons are quite expensive there... I found that it's too much. Then just around the corner, there's an amazingly good priced beads/button/accessory shop.
Matiere Premiere
12 rue de Sevigne
75004 Paris
Metro: Saint Paul

Marais is a full of whole sellers for craft materials. Lot of them don't do retail selling but this one does. Full of beads and jewelery making goods.


La Perlerie
22 rue du temple
75003 Paris


I've gone nuts and started making everything! from teddies to food... they're the practice ones so it's not perfect yet. But soon. Soon I'll get better. (I hope)



This little shop is an inspiration to all my obsession. It's a knitted finger puppet shop. I found it last time i was in Paris, but then it moved! I recommended it to a friend, but because of the move, I couldn't find it. Then, walking around Saint Paul the other day, I found it!!!

Marionnettes du Marais
15 rue Elzevir
75003 Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment