Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cheese, cheese and chocolate!

My friend Rosie has invited me to her Raclette party! I knew the thing existed but I've never had the pleasure of eating it... I forgot to take photos as I was too busy being impressed by the whole process. Raclette is a type of cheese and you melt it by putting it on the little flying pan like utensil. You get a plate of cold meats, gherkins. The grill bit on the top, you can put potatoes and other things. You put the little pan under the grill, then cook until how eva you want the cheese to be. Then, you put the cheese over your meats and potatoes. It is just amazing. It's really rich so that you get full quickly. But I just wanted to keep eating!!

Of course, for dessert, Chocolate fondue with strawberries. I am totally hooked on this melted cheese and chocolate business.

Today, I had to go and investigate this crepe shop "Breizh". My last visit to Paris last year, Charlotte wanted to take me there but it was closed on Mondays. I had Rosie's friend telling me about the place last night. Then, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I had to go.
There are so many to choose from including crepe flambees. I had Crepe with chocolate, pears and ice cream... divine... Heavenly. I didn't want it to end.

Breizh
www.breizhcafe.com
109 rue Vieille du Temple
75003 Paris
M:St Sebastien Froissart



Drawing for this week.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, the crepe with chocolate and pears looks heavenly! Love your sketches, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The crepe was delicious. Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete