Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saint Valentin!

I got sick again this week and Paris winter is not helping to get better. It's freezing outside... My friend Jerome and Silvia were kind enough to came over for dinner last night so I didn't have to go outside. Japanese treats! This was actually the first time that I cooked Japanese in Paris. God, the ingredients are so expensive compare to Melbs. I found this Japanese/Korean shop that I can get stuff. It's called K-mart. Not that kind of K-mart but it has a good range of stuff.

K-mart
8 rue Saint-Anne
75002, Paris
Metro:Opera/Pyramides

Today, I had a coffee with a friend that I met in a hostel during my hostel life. Shops and Cafes are open around Marais so we had a walk around the area. I get so disoriented in the metro. I know that I've been there but if I get off at a different metro station, I totally don't know where I am, specially in Marais. I found the vintage shop that I went to last year today! I have been trying to find it but I couldn't remember where it was at all. It's open on Sundays. No purchase until next pay day though.

The King of Frip
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56107301331
33 rue du roi de sicile/14 vielle du temple
75004, Paris

It was actually Saint-Valentin today. I thought it was time for my fondue set to come out. mmm... I made mulled wine and chocolate fondue for Valentine's Day. My friend Katie and her friend Duke came over.




I love mulled wine.
I read some recipes and I found a good mix.

Mulled wine (the Bubble special)

1/2 Lemon
1 Orange
Honey
1 Bottle of red
All spice (cloves and cinnamon etc)
Brandy (depends how strong you like it...)
Water (to adjust the strength)

Don't boil the wine, dah. You want all the alcohol to keep you warm. YUM YUM.

Here are more drawings. I did this 2 weeks ago but I had to add things.

and this one.

1 comment:

  1. ma vision de la saint valentin pour lui dire je t'aime
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc82ut_notre-histoire-carte-de-saint-valen_creation

    et bonne saint valentin !

    ReplyDelete