Monday, February 8, 2010

Sunday



Due to my sickness, I didn't do any going out/drinking as much as I would liked to. Which allowed me to stay home and do some drawings. The one below is this Japanese actress from the 60s. She was so amazing. Now she's kinda like Glen Close(type cast as evil mother in low etc.) But back in the days in Japan, she was the IT girl. Apparently, she went to get her hair done like Audrey Hepburn when she was 12, at the age of 20, she got so sick of being in the film industry in Japan, that she came to Paris on her own and hang out with Doir, Yve Saint Lauren etc... In a film called "only on Mondays" she is so amazingly cute. There is a photo book released then, but now it's out of print and has ridiculous price on it. I'm going to find one and get one.

Everyone talks about Shakespeare and Co. I've never been there. My friend Mel showed me where it is and we had a look around. I must come back another time and spend a good amount of time there.

Shakespeare and Co.
rue de Bucherie
75005 Paris
www.shakespeareandcompany.com



I've also never been to Louvre! But my excuse is that it's just so big that it scares me even going in there. But first Sunday of every month is Free admission there! so me and Mel made our way there, but it was too late! It closed at 5.30pm.... BOO.
Ah well, it was a good excuse for us to have French Fondue!



It was so amazing!! My first fondue experience. The photos turned out too out of focus cos i forgot to put the flash on. I'm sure you can just imagine this melting cheese with crusty bread. YUM. Good end to the week.

1 comment: