Tuesday, January 5, 2010

London, Berlin and All. Happy 2010!


Happy New Year to you all. My adventure has started. First stop, London. Next Berlin, then Paris. Here are some photos through out the festive seasons.

Buckingham Palace... I didn't mean to go there. I somehow ended up there. I got lost and thought, "wow there's a big apartment..." and it was that. It was quite pretty but look, I just got through 21hour flight with 11hour time difference, no brain room for that kinda stuff.

Jet lag is a terrible thing. Lucky for me, it only lasted for a week. But the first night, AWFUL! I am dramatic but far out, I am so tired but can't sleep. When you sleep, you get waken up by the slightest noise. Sleeping on a hard floor did not help at all...

The second day in London was also the first day in Paris and the first day in Berlin... I get to Paris at 9.30am, get into the city drop my suitcase off, back to CDG the flew into Berlin. As I got off the plane, SNOW! It has been so long since I saw substantial amount of snow. Maybe when I was 9 years old. Back in the days, my home town in Japan used to snow like this. AMAZING. However, don't forget, it's very very cold. Novelty kinda wear off after a day or so, then all you can feel is the cold. I would wear 3 pears of socks but toes were still numb. NYE was very interesting... It's a long story even as a blog entry so I won't touch on that today.

Berlin was great except for the cold. It got colder and colder as the day passed after NYE. Yesterday's max temp was -7C. It is the coldest I experienced. I waited for the bus for the airport for 3 mins. If not less, and my toes were ready to fall off. Fortunately, the airport has the heater pumping so after 5 minutes inside, you'll warm up again.

Bye bye cold Berlin.



No comments:

Post a Comment