Thursday, January 7, 2010

Paris - Day 2




It snowed today in Paris!
I absolutely hate the cold but it was very pretty. Paris looks so goo
d with snow. I wore, 2 pairs of stockings, leggings, thermal top, a cotton dress, knitted dress and a denim shirt. Oh, that's underneath my massive coat.

Today's tasks:
1. Check out Japanese restaurants in rue Saint-Anne.
2. Be out of the hostel for 4 hours from 11am - 3pm.

Okay, I did more that I thought yesterday that I didn't really have to do today. More so that I don't have any money to be wasting...

Task 1 was easy. Walked down to Avenue de l'Opera and went down to rue Saint-Anne where all the Japanese restaurants are. On the way there, there was a Xmas tree... made from many sprite bottles.

I quite like this tree. I would like one for Christmas this year. Kinda nice those red ones every here and there.


But anyways, back to my original mission. I found the street and YES! I found a Japanese grocery store. I will be needing that later when I have my own place... It seems so far away... I move in there on the 1st Feb. I won't dwell on how bad this hostel is... maybe another time.

As I walk down the street, I see this line of people in front of this Japanese restaurant. "Higuma". My friend Jarome was telling me about this place. Good Japanese ramen Is very difficult to find outside Japan. I went in after 5mins of waiting in the cold and I got sat down.
I ordered "Miso Ramen". Well the French calls it "Lamen". It was great!!!! I loved it. It's 6.50 euros and get a big bowl of goodness. A Bunch of Japanese ramen
chefs are sweating away in this open kitchen and it set up like a real deal ramen joint. Two thumbs up. Yum Yum. They're all reasonably priced. For Paris anyways. Highly recommended. It was lovely to have a nice feed after eating bread after bread. Yes, I did choose to eat donuts in Berlin but no, I don't want it everyday.
Donuts in Berlin reminded me of this German exchange student that I hosted in year 10. This is back in Japan. It was a stupid idea... Neither of us spoke English! Our hands and face expression were only way of expressing Good! Bad:( etc. I
remember she was over 6 ft. tall, and ate Mister Donuts like there's no tomorrow... Going to Berlin explained to me. It's not just Americans that loves donuts. Germans too! Donuts everywhere!! Bless...



No comments:

Post a Comment