Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vundabar!


My friend Alex was the first person to see my exciting new place. He was here for 4 days. We got up to some adventures. On Friday night after work, we went to his friend's work near Bastille. It's a restaurant called "La Fee Vert" = absinthe. I have only seen the drinks in the movies. It was really green. Then I hear that drinks aren't gonna make you that crazy these days unless you have a heap...I avoided that even though I was tempted and we just had civilized nice dinner. Alex had the steak... and I had a lovely lasagna with lots of cheese...


It was beautiful. Just what I felt like... then I ate way too much...

La Fee Vert
108 rue de la Ruquette, 75011 Paris
M:Voltaire

Then, after that we went to this bar called Le Motel. It's a cute little bar with many tour posters including, the smiths, Belle and Sebastian, Stone Roses etc. and they played the indie classes along with pop favourites. The bar girl was a Nick Cave fan. I wanted to stay for longer but then 3 pints on Friday after work sent me to sleepy mode so I had to go home before I fell asleep on the metro.

Le Motel
8 passage Jossette 75011
M:Ledru-Rollin



Today, I met up with my friend Mel who I met last year in Paris. Turned out that her new place is 2 stops away from me. We had a hot chocolate accompanied with chocolate fondue!! A-mazing. Then we went to see Alex's friends play in this little gallery like venue. To be honest I couldn't figure out what the place was used for during the week. It was cute though. The bands were really good but I totally couldn't find the myspace page. I'll ask them again next time.


OFT Liblairie / galerie
20 rue Dupetit-Thouars, 75003
M: Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment